Monday, May 30, 2011

It's been a horror filled day...what a way to start the week!

Well, this week has started out wonderfully horrifying...and it is a beautiful thing...


First off, I'm in final edits for TWITCH and I've learned that I'm like most writers'...too many commas. I' also learned what a few of my got-to words are too (various, such as, especially). I'll have to work on that, especially...heh heh...just kidding. Actually, all is going well and it will be ready by June 15th.


 
Second, I placed 2nd in the 55 word fiction contest at Jezri's Nightmares (http://www.lisamccourthollar.com/2011/05/55-word-fiction-it-is-time-again-for-55.html) with a revised piece called "Being Bugged."

My palm itched. I scratched deeply. Digging harder, surface blood flows, forcing flaky bits of red tainted flesh underneath my fingernails. They’re not long enough and the itch dives deeper, fades from my palm, into my wrist, and begins striking up my arm. My nails follow and I feel unclean. The worm is moving again…

I won a free ebook (The Carnival by Lisa McCourt Hollar). Talk about a book that's right up my alley...I can't wait to dive into it. I'll post a review here when I do. Sound interesting? Get it here
















Speaking of reviews, one of my favorite editors, Ashley McConnell (aka the Demon Princess) has written a short story called "Nightmares." I haven't read it yet, but I will soon and review it also. You can get it at http://www.vamptasypublishing.co.uk/


Currently, my nose is stuck deeply in book three of "The Hunger Games" trilogy, Mockingjay. I'm almost finished with it and it has been a fantastic read, even if it isn't horror per se.












































And third, Kirsten Kowalewski, Editor at Monster Librarian (http://www.monsterlibrarian.com/main_page.htm) has confirmed that she will review TWITCH, but indicated that there is a backlog and it would be a bit before she could. No problem there!

So, it's Monday and already the week has kicked off with a bang. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the week has in store for me. I do know that I will finish a tale for Suspense Magazine and I suspect I will have another tale completed too, besides Friday's Daily Death. However, I can't say right now, especially (oops! there I go again) since I'm hard at finishing up TWITCH. I can say that when it's completed, my novel is next on the horizon.

Stay Scared,

Thomas

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when the worms move. Sounds like you'll be a busy clown for a while.

    Have a great day and week.

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment and remember fear is a good thing.

Stay Scared,
Thomas