Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Rome wasn't written in a day...but, we writers' try...
















Last weekend, I had originally planned to finish a couple of unfinished short tales, and ready them up for submission. However, both fortunately AND unfortunately, I had bought The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Fortunately, because it is a tremendous read, and unfortunately, because I didn't get to much writing because of it. And, to be honest, it was a beautiful thing. Of course, this weekend I suspect Catching Fire will find its way into my hands, (thanks a lot Suzanne, you keep writing books like these and I'll never get any writing accomplished! LOL)

Regardless, knowing what my weekend has in store for me, and having these numerous short pieces so close to completion, this week, I'm tackling them head on. I can't say what I will actually finish, but I do know that it will be at least two and just maybe three.

Late last night was a great start. I finished a tale entitled "And No Grits Either!" A tale exploring a couple at a secluded late night diner with a very special menu...and they don't serve grits. I submitted to Wily Writers for a Masters of Horror contest. If selected, it would become a Podcast. Okay, one down...

Tonight I'm planning to complete "The Smell of Flowers." A fitting finality tale. Where it goes, I can't say just yet...but, rest assured, it will go somewhere.

Tomorrow, I expect my horror funny bone to fully kick in when I finish "Whistle while you work...just don't lose your lips: The Zombie Guide to Employment" And, it will be submitted to Suspense Magazine.

And, Friday will have another Daily Death. Who will it be this time? MWOOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course, as with anything, and especially in the publishing industry, there are no guarantees. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

That will aid in eliminating some of my writing compulsiveness, (at least for the weekend), and allow me to spend a relaxing day at the beach this Memorial Day weekend. However, I will have my nose in Catching Fire while I'm there. It's going to be a great week. I hope all of you have the same.

Stay Scared,

Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Busy hands are happy hands, Thomas. Keep them happy!

    Blaze

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment and remember fear is a good thing.

Stay Scared,
Thomas